[Classifieds] [SEMCO] TerraCorps is hiring Program Co-Directors in Massachusetts and Connecticut

MBL Classifieds classifieds at lists.mbl.edu
Wed Jun 23 08:08:07 EDT 2021

Hi everyone,

TerraCorps is looking for PROGRAM CO-DIRECTORS to join our teams in Massachusetts and Connecticut!

About TerraCorps:

Located in Lowell, MA, TerraCorps is an AmeriCorps affiliated start-up environmental non-profit growing a more equitable ecosystem of people and organizations to protect and steward land for broader good.  Working at the intersection of land conservation, sustainable agriculture and food justice, we seek to bridge the gap between the urban, rural and suburban land movements historically segregated by socio-economic divides.  Through our generative service, training and partnership model, we cultivate future conservation leaders and offer immediate capacity support to the local organizations they serve.

Program Co-Directors are key staff members in the implementation of the TerraCorps program vision on a state-wide scale. They play a primary role in managing service member experience and partner relationships for our AmeriCorps program.  We are looking to add capacity to our Massachusetts team, while the Program Co-Directors in Connecticut will work to launch and sustain a new program in that state.  Program Co-Directors will oversee between 20-48 Members and 15-25 Service Site Partners depending on the state.   PCDs have the following key areas of accountability:

Accountabilities:

·     Managing productive relationships with TerraCorps Service Site partners.

·     Coordinating and participating in Service Site partner recruitment and selection.

·     Administering AmeriCorps Member recruitment, selection, and onboarding and advising on Members on benefit utilization.

·     Designing and facilitating AmeriCorps program orientation and TerraCorps systems training for Members and Site Supervisors.

·     Coordinating logistics for all-corps events (venues, housing, travel, food, etc.).

·     Reviewing Member service plans for AmeriCorps compliance and providing feedback on Ends policy alignment.

·     Conducting periodic Member check-in calls to provide service-life troubleshooting.

·     Conducting mid- and end-of-year Member service evaluations and Service Site visits.

·     Producing and managing weekly program communication media.

·     Cooperating with Evaluation Systems Designer to Monitoring Member performance

measurement and troubleshooting data collection issues.

·     Monitoring Member timesheets and troubleshooting service hour deficiencies.

·    Organizing peer-to-peer and alumni-led Member learning and support experiences.

·     Providing a main point of contact for members and Service Site Partners for problem solving service-related issues.

The PCD roles call for strong organizational skills, experience with and understanding of the environmental sector, and ability to think critically, question with curiosity, and listen to resolve interpersonal conflict.  PCDs are able to exhibit patience, empathy and excitement while supervising Service Members and supporting Service Site Partners.

Organizational Approach:

If you’re a person who would thrive in a collaborative start-up atmosphere and wants to put your expertise in program operations, partner relationship management to use towards environmental and social good, we want to meet you.

TerraCorps celebrates difference and embraces the impact that diversity of thought, experience, and identity has on our organization. Please visit our website, review our Leadership Structure Page<https://terracorps.org/leadership/> and read our staff bios.  If you are comfortable doing so, please tell us in your cover letter why you would consider yourself to be a cultural add to our organization.

TerraCorps is an equal opportunity employer. Women, people of color, and LGBTQ+ individuals are encouraged to apply. Experience with national service, and more specifically, AmeriCorps or TerraCorps experience a plus. Compensation: $40-$50K salary commensurate with experience; health & supplemental insurance benefits, retirement plan w/company match, FSA, paid time off (3 weeks vacation, 11 flex-holidays, 8 personal days, sabbatical after 5 years), paid parking, and a flexible schedule.

To Apply:

Visit our website to apply<https://terracorps.org/open-staff-positions/>.  Please note on your cover letter how you heard about this position.  If you have questions about the position please send an email to Maria E. Infante, Chief People and Culture Officer, at minfante at terracorps.org<mailto:minfante at terracorps.org>. No phone calls please.

Many thanks,

Maria I.

[Just Grass Elongated]

Maria e. infante