[Classifieds] Cape & Islands Common Start Monthly Meeting Reminder, December 6, 4-5 pm

MBL Classifieds classifieds at lists.mbl.edu
Mon Nov 29 11:15:23 EST 2021

Dear Common Start Members and Allies,

We have had a very busy month organizing our Cape and Islands Rally held on November 14th at the Hyannis Village Green.  Thank you to our volunteers and  speakers: Rep. Kip Diggs, Senators Su Moran and Julian Cyr, Janae Mendes, parent and Common Start Action Team member, Cindy Horgan, Cape Cod Children's Place, Chris Morin from Independence House.  And, a big Thank You to our supporting organizations--Barnstable NPFH, Cape Area League of Women Voters, and Independence House, Inc.--for the great support and messages about the need for affordable, accessible, high quality early education and childcare regionally and state-wide.  Our volunteers worked hard and we were all very pleased at the important messages at our fun event, with face painting and music.

We are very happy to report that more than fifteen letters of testimony were submitted from Cape and Islands residents as part of the day of testimony on November 23rd hosted by the Massachusetts State Legislature's Education Committee.  State Representative Kip Diggs sits on the Committee, and our State Senator Susan Moran is co-lead Senate sponsor of the Common Start legislation.  Both legislators attended our Hyannis rally, as earlier noted.

Our next meeting is Monday, December 6 at 4-5 pm via ZOOM.  Attached are our November 1st Meeting Minutes, and below is a Zoom Link for our next meeting on December 6, 4-5 PM.  Our Agenda will include:

1.  Welcome and introductions
2.  De-brief and report on November Rally and State Education Committee Hearing.
3.  Next steps in moving the Common Start campaign forward.
4.  Outreach to early educators, parents, providers and other stakeholders.
5.  Other?

Please attend if you can.  We hope that new members and will join us.  We look forward to seeing you on Monday.  Thank you very much for your support of Common Start.

Best wishes,

Sandy
Cape and Islands Chapter Convener
508-274-1131

ZOOM LINK:
Sandra Faiman-Silva is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

Topic: Common Start Monthly Meeting, December 6, 2021
Time: Dec 6, 2021 04:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)

Join Zoom Meeting
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/82542694649?pwd=Lzk5Zm00anYvVDNqU01lSnR5WDhudz09

Meeting ID: 825 4269 4649
Passcode: 981836
One tap mobile
+13126266799,,82542694649#,,,,*981836# US (Chicago)
+19292056099,,82542694649#,,,,*981836# US (New York)

Dial by your location
        +1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
        +1 929 205 6099 US (New York)
        +1 301 715 8592 US (Washington DC)
        +1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
        +1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
        +1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
Meeting ID: 825 4269 4649
Passcode: 981836
Find your local number: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/ksLpwpbmh

Sandra Faiman-Silva, Ph.D.
Professor Emerita, Anthropology, Bridgewater State U
Convener, Cape & Islands Common Start Chapter
50 Davis Road, Falmouth, MA 02540
508-274-1131
sfaiman at aol.com<mailto:sfaiman at aol.com>
Learn about Common Start:  commonstartma.org
Common Start video on YouTube:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Iip0XXghyg