[Classifieds] Buzzards Bay Coalition Job Opportunity: Land Stewardship Manager - Cuttyhunk Island

MBL Classifieds classifieds at lists.mbl.edu
Tue Nov 30 10:53:45 EST 2021

Buzzards Bay Coalition is looking to hire a Stewardship Manager that would focus on managing our coastal conservation lands on Cuttyhunk Island, which include grassland/shrubland/maritime forest/rocky coastline/multible barrier beach systems and island estuaries.  The job is full-time and based on the mainland as part of our larger land stewardship team, but island housing provided in the summers.

https://www.savebuzzardsbay.org/about-us/our-team/job-opportunities/

Land Stewardship Manager (full-time)

Buzzards Bay Coalition seeks an experienced conservation land management professional to join our land stewardship team managing natural resources and outdoor recreation access points on protected lands around the Bay.  This position will have particular emphasis on and responsibility for a group of newly protected conservation lands on Cuttyhunk Island, the outermost of the Elizabeth Island chain, but will be involved in work at lands all around Buzzards Bay. The position is a hands-on job that demands an energetic and committed problem solver with demonstrated communication skills and proficiency with hand and power tools; experience with the direct implementation of natural resource protection and conservation land management; the skills and qualifications to guide the appropriate access to and use of such lands by the public; attention to detail; a passion for the coastal environment; and the ability to both work independently and to comfortably interact professionally with a wide diversity of people in a variety of situations.  To apply, please email a cover letter and resume to Brendan Annett, Vice President, Watershed Protection. annett at savebuzzardsbay.org<mailto:annett at savebuzzardsbay.org>