[Physiofaculty] IMPORTANT TARPAULIN COVE UPDATE, PLEASE READ

Daniel Gau danieljgau at gmail.com
Wed Jul 15 12:50:24 EDT 2015

   Hello Everyone!

This Sunday, July 19th, we will be having our annual Tarpaulin Cove Event.
Tarpaulin Cove is located on Gosnold Island which is one of the Elizabeth
Islands right off the tip of Woods Hole. The Physiology Course takes a boat
that charters us to the island and drops us off. There we will be hanging
out on the beach eating lobster and doing other fun beach activities!

Here's what you can expect that day:

The boat will arrive at the MBL Dock (across the street from Lillie)  at
about 8:45 AM and will leave with the first group at about 9 AM. The first
trip will be taking most of the supplies/equipment, the people that will be
helping unload the equipment onto the island, and anyone else who wants to
come. It will take approximately 30 minutes to get to the island. Once we
reach the island we will have to unload everything.

The boat will come back to pick up the rest of the guests between
10:15-10:30AM (time is subject to change depending on how long it will take
to unload so please be early) and will charter you to the island. There
will be a skiff that can take you from the boat to the beach if you prefer
that over swimming.

While we are on the island we will be eating lobster, sandwiches,
watermelon, hand fruit, and snacks. You are free to relax, swim, hike, and
play with the sports equipment. There are no restrooms on the island but
there are areas where you can seek privacy. Bring accommodations if
necessary.

We will be providing beach umbrellas, some beach chairs, some sunscreen and
bug spray, soda/water, food, beer, and entertainment!

What you should bring:

-Sunscreen

-Bug spray

-Towels from Swope

-Swimsuit

-Sunglasses

-Your music with portable speakers

-Flip Flops/Sandals

-Spare Clothes

-Reading Book

The return to Woods Hole will also happen in two trips. We will start
backing up around 3PM. The second trip will be leaving Tarpaulin Cove
around 5 PM.

If you have any further questions or concerns please feel free to
individually email me and I can address your questions! I can't wait for
this Sunday and I look forward to having everyone there! Thanks!

All the best,

Dan Gau

Physio Course Assistant