[Physiofaculty] MBL Physiology Scope Signup and scope list

Brzostowski, Joseph (NIH/NIAID) [E] brzostowskij at niaid.nih.gov
Mon Jun 20 16:54:07 EDT 2016

Dear All,

There is a lot to look through because we have a lot of stuff !

The attached powerpoint explains the signup and training procedures for the systems.  I was doing adjustments through numerous interruptions, so please be forgiving of typos.  If you have questions, please ask !

In separate documents, are all the microscopes we have available to us and a map of just the third floor scopes.

Also, please be aware that we have two very special systems here on the widefield scopes – the manufacturers are here until Thursday for training.  Please take advantage of that now. On the Nikon WF, there is the PRIMO for protein printing and on the Zeiss we have PhiOptics Quantitative Phase system (see just below for more details).

Finally, we have a laser ablation system available to us from RappOpto on the Zeiss spinning disk in the basement.  Training arrangements will be through Zeiss. The RappOpto reps are here to the end of the week.

Cheers,

Joe

--
Joseph Brzostowski, Ph.D.
LIG Imaging Facility, Chief

Mobile: 240-599-6364
Cu Wire: 301-761-5024
Fax: 301-402-0259

jb363a at nih.gov

On the Nikon widefield we will have the PRIMO from Alveolab.

Primo is an innovative solution for printing proteins on cell culture dishes. Directly mounted on an inverted microscope, the device consists of an optical illumination module coupled with the use of PLPP, a photo-activator molecule. The image to be printed is projected by a UV laser through the microscope in the presence of PLPP, which catalyses the UV effect. The protein is then added and will bind to the illuminated areas.

Please visit:
http://www.alveolelab.com<http://www.alveolelab.com/>

One of the Zeiss widefield scopes will be set up for quantitative phase imaging from Phi Optics.
Phi Optics patented technology – Spatial Light Interference Microscopy (SLIM) – employs optical interferometry for extreme sensitivity to structure and dynamics. Phi Optics implements SLIM as an add-on to all major brand optical microscopes (10X to 100X magnifications) and overlays with fluorescence. It connects via C-mount and uses the white-light illumination source of the microscope.

Please visit:
http://phioptics.com/technology/overview/