[Physiofaculty] Leica SP8

Brzostowski, Joseph (NIH/NIAID) [E] brzostowskij at niaid.nih.gov
Fri Jun 24 12:45:47 EDT 2016

Hi All,

We had some confusion with the Leica confocal sign up as I mentioned in lecture this AM.

I clarified with Embryology and with Leica that the light sheet SP8 is open to the community with a sign up at 10PM for the next working day.  Please play nicely in the sense to make sure the community at large gets access to the system.

The STED would be more exclusive to Physiology with the understanding that others will want to come and sign up to use the STED technology on their samples.  I requested that that they might do this on off times to not impact student experiments.

Finally, as an FYI, Leica will be taking the systems down on Friday next week.

Again, thanks for bringing this to my attention !

Joe
--
Joseph Brzostowski, Ph.D.
LIG Imaging Facility, Chief