[Physiofaculty] Microscope Training

Brzostowski, Joseph (NIH/NIAID) [E] brzostowskij at niaid.nih.gov
Tue Jun 13 16:44:16 EDT 2017

Dear All,

To transition you smoothly into Session 1, please arrange training with Steven or me on the systems you are interested in using.  We are going to hold training this Friday and Saturday June 16/17.  Where appropriate, we will set you up with a manufacturer. To limit the number of training sessions, we’d like to put you in small groups and ask that you are a little flexible with time.  There are times some of the systems are booked for boot camp – please see the schedule below as a reference.

To those of you in Session 2 and 3, we will be making similar arrangements on the Fri/Sat of June 30/July1 and July 14/15 before you respective sessions and will send out reminders.

Cheers,

Joe

Boot Camp Schedule
Widefields for Matlab Section: two Nikon WF and two Zeiss WF
Friday
1:00-1:45 PM training on widefield scopes
1:45 - 4:15 PM setup and run timelapse acquisition of fruit fly embryos (setup takes about 45 minutes, will take images for about 2 hours)
6:30-8:00 PM image bacteria with fluorescent gene reporter

Confocals for Matlab Section: LSM 800, Zeiss SDC, A1, Dragonfly
Sat
1:00-1:45 PM training on confocals
1:45-2:45 PM measurements of fly embyros on confocals

TIRF Microscopes for Biochemistry Section: Nikon TIRF, Dragon Fly, OMX
Sat
3-6PM with some flexibility on start time due to the nature of the biochemistry experiments.

--
Joseph Brzostowski, Ph.D.
LIG Imaging Facility, Chief

Mobile: 240-599-6364