[Physiofaculty] Tarpaulin Cove Trip!

Physio Physio physio at mbl.edu
Mon Jul 9 19:52:21 EDT 2018

Hello Everyone!

This Sunday, July 15th, we will be having our annual Tarpaulin Cove Event. Tarpaulin Cove is located on Naushon Island which is one of the Elizabeth Islands right off the tip of Woods Hole. The Physiology Course takes a boat that charters us to the island and drops us off. There we will be hanging out on the beach, eating lobster and other food, and doing other fun beach activities!

Here's what you can expect that day:

The boat will arrive at the MBL Dock (across the street from Lillie) around 8:30 AM. The first trip will be taking most of the supplies/equipment, the people that will be helping unload the equipment onto the island for set-up, and anyone else who wants to come. It will take approximately 30 minutes to get to the island. Once we reach the island, we will have to unload everything.

The boat will come back to pick up the rest of the guests around 10:30AM (time is subject to change depending on how long it will take to unload so please be early) and will charter you to the island. There will be a skiff that can take you from the boat to the beach if you prefer that over swimming.

While we are on the island we will be eating lobster, sandwiches, watermelon, hand fruit, and snacks. You are free to relax, swim, hike, and play with the sports equipment. There are no restrooms on the island but there are areas where you can seek privacy. Bring accommodations if necessary.

We will be providing beach tents for some shade, some beach chairs, some sunscreen and bug spray, soda/water, food, beer, and entertainment!

What you should bring in order to be self-prepared:

-Sunscreen

-Bug spray

-Towels from Swope

-Swimsuit

-Sunglasses

-Your music with charged portable speakers

-Flip Flops/Sandals

-Spare Clothes

-Reading Book

The return to Woods Hole will also happen in two trips. We will start packing up around 2:30PM and first returning to MBL at 3:00PM. The second trip will be leaving Tarpaulin Covearound 4:30PM.

**LINK TO GOOGLE FORM SIGN-UP SHEET BELOW***

https://goo.gl/forms/Vf2YkOUio4GxJUmd2

**YOU MUST FILL THIS FORM OUT BY WEDNESDAY, JULY 11th @ NOON**

If you have any further questions or concerns please feel free to individually email physio at mbl.edu and we can address your questions! We can't wait for this Sunday and we look forward to having everyone there!

Thanks!

- Matt Whitfield

Physiology Course Assistants

physio at mbl.edu