[Physiofaculty] Microscope Systems for Physiology 2018

Brzostowski, Joseph (NIH/NIAID) [E] brzostowskij at niaid.nih.gov
Fri Jun 8 17:45:16 EDT 2018

Dear Faculty and Students,

Attached you will find a very long document that outlines and then details the systems we have for you to play with this summer.  It’s long in part because, well, we just have a boat load of microscopes for you to play with!!

Most were discussed with the faculty in earlier emails.  Some new additions are:

  *   The Nikon Spinning disk is now equipped with a Yokogawa CSU-X1 head – yay Nikon for helping here!
  *   The Lumlicks optical trap is new for the course per request of the Grill team and is here for Session 1 and 2.
  *   GE is graciously providing us a fast widefield system – the Delta Vision Elite.
  *   Also new is the super-res-TIRF system in a very tiny platform called the NanoImager.

Students please read through.  Steven and I will be giving and introduction to the systems on Wednesday at our first Lunch and Learn.

To follow in a separate email next week will be instructions on how to sign up for all the systems.

Looking forward to seeing everyone very soon!

Joe

--
Joseph Brzostowski, Ph.D.
Senior Associate Scientist