[PhysioStudents] Microscopes

Brzostowski, Joseph (NIH/NIAID) [E] brzostowskij at niaid.nih.gov
Wed Jul 1 21:07:38 EDT 2015

Hi Everyone,

First a little bit of dolphin training...(i.e. positive reinforcement).  You all have been terrific learning your way around the microscopes.  I feel that this summer, after nearly three weeks, is running quite smoothly !

However, there are a couple of "buts"...

Minor first: Please, if you sign up for scope time and you don't need it, scratch your name off the schedule and, importantly, send a quick email to the group to let them know that precious scope time is open.

Major: I had a request from Nikon to please make sure that you to clean up after you are done with a scope.  There was an uncleaned oil spill at the A1 last yesterday.  Besides being messy, oil in the wrong place on a scope can do considerable damage.

If you come upon a mess, please clean it, this is good social policy.   If you are too busy, tell me.  This is collective and borrowed equipment.  It only gets to come back if we all play nicely.

I've also noticed that samples are being left near the scopes. A sample that is not being imaged is unwanted.  If you see dishes about, please throw them away.

Finally, a gentle reminder to put a check next to your growing microscope skill set.  It is on the wall behind where the coffee is set up after seminar

Thanks !

Joe

--
Joseph Brzostowski, Ph.D.