[Xenopus] NXR positions

National Xenopus Resource xenopus at mbl.edu
Thu Feb 26 12:31:23 EST 2015

Dear Xenopus Community,
Interested in coming to the Marine Biological Laboratory and being a part of the NXR? If so you might be interested in these new positions.

NXR Manager
With the renewal of the NXR P40 grant I now have a new position for an NXR Manager. The NXR is entering the next five years after successfully renewing the P40 grant and I am looking for an individual who would like to join the NXR team and help grow the Center. This person will be in charge of daily operational and scientific oversight of the NXR. Ideally I am looking for someone who has had some postdoc experience, wants to do research, can supervise a staff of 3-5 people, and is willing to interact and work with Xenopus researchers who come to the MBL during the year. Details of the job can be found on Xenbase and on the MBL employment web page.

Postdoc in Genome Editing
In addition, I am now looking for a postdoc to work on genome editing in Xenopus . This project is focused on making mutants to model human disease for the community and on developing genome editing techniques. This is a 5 year plan that involves creating 100-200 mutants for the community and enhancing CRISPR and TALEN techniques in Xenopus . This is a direct result of the survey I did in Sept 2014. Details of the job can be found on Xenbase and on the MBL employment web page.

If you have any questions about either position please feel free to email me at mhorb at mbl.edu .

Sincerely,

Marko Horb

Marko Horb, Ph.D.
Director, National Xenopus Resource (NXR)
Marine Biological Laboratory
7 MBL Street
Woods Hole, MA 02543

Email: xenopus at mbl.edu