[Xenopus] Last call for Workshops and Meeting

National Xenopus Resource xenopus at mbl.edu
Tue Jul 18 11:35:46 EDT 2017

Hi All
            Hope you are having a nice summer. The end of July is approaching and I am writing to remind you to register for the upcoming workshops and meeting.

Advanced Imaging Workshop (August 20-27). This is an excellent course providing in depth training and analysis using advanced imaging techniques. The instructors provide hands on training in how to best obtain images of Xenopus embryos. All NXR transgenics will be made available for use during the workshop. Have you ever wanted to improve your ability to get high quality images for publication? If so then register now for this workshop.

Resources and Emerging Technologies Meeting (August 26-30). Formerly known as the PI meeting the meeting this year was rebranded and we encourage students and postdocs to attend. We already have 65 people registered so this should be an exciting meeting. As in past years this meeting is fantastic way to interact with other Xenopus researchers and gain insight into new technologies. We are beginning to work on the program for this meeting so register soon

Genome Editing workshop (August 28-September 4). This is a very good workshop where you can learn theoretical and practical aspects of genome editing. This year we benefit from reduced costs due to an NSF EDGE grant I received with Gary Gorbsky that provides funding to help defray costs of the workshop as part of our Broader Impacts. You have opportunity to work with Xenopus cell lines and create mutants in these cell lines, in addition to working with Xenopus tropicalis and leavis to create mutants using CRISPR-Cas.

All information can be found on the NXR webpage (http://www.mbl.edu/xenopus/) Do not hesitate to contact me if you have questions.

Marko

If the NXR contributed to your work please cite us in your papers.
Cite us in the acknowledgements: National Xenopus Resource RRID:SCR_013731
Cite us in your references: Pearl, E. et al "Development of Xenopus resource centers: the National Xenopus Resource and the European Xenopus Resource Center" Genesis 50, 155-163

Marko Horb, Ph.D.
Director, National Xenopus Resource (NXR)
Associate Scientist, Bell Center for Regenerative Biology and Tissue Engineering
Marine Biological Laboratory
7 MBL Street
Woods Hole, MA 02543

Email: mhorb at mbl.edu