[Xenopus] CSH Xenopus course 2018

Khokha, Mustafa mustafa.khokha at yale.edu
Tue Jan 2 09:34:10 EST 2018

Dear Colleagues,

Happy New Year to all.

We are asking for your assistance to promote the 2018 Xenopus Course at Cold Spring Harbor. The Xenopus course at CSH has a long tradition of training the next generation of Xenopus researchers in critical skills to exploit Xenopus for understanding cell and developmental biology.

In order for students to get the most out of the course, we encourage students to bring their own projects. Students are encouraged to identify genes of interest, we will design sgRNAs for these genes, and then students can knock these genes out at the course and analyze any phenotypes using all of the tools available from advanced high-speed fluorescent confocal imaging to cut-and-paste embryology.

In addition, we have the good fortune of overlapping with the Quantitative Imaging (QI) course at CSH. We plan to build interactions between our groups to image Xenopus embryos using the latest imaging methods. This was a huge success last year and offers the possibility to try light-sheet, high-speed live confocal, and super-resolution imaging methods.

Important Dates:
Course - April 4-17, 2018
Application Due Date: January 31, 2018

We have an exciting list of speakers/instructors including:

Ira Blitz, University of California, Irvine
Sang-Wook Cha, Cincinnati Childrens Hospital Medical Center
Frank Conlon, University of North Carolina
Chenbei Chang, University of Alabama
Lance Davidson, University of Pittsburgh
Roberto Mayor, University College London
Rebecca Heald, University of California, Berkeley
Raymond Keller, University of Virginia
Bill Bement, University of Wisconsin-Madison
Gerald Thomsen, Stony Brook University
John Wallingford, University of Texas at Austin
Andrea Wills, University of Washington
Frank Conlon, University of North Carolina
Peter Nemes, University of Maryland

For more information and application submission, please visit:
http://meetings.cshl.edu/courses.aspx?course=C-XENO&year=18<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__emea01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com_-3Furl-3Dhttp-253A-252F-252Fmeetings.cshl.edu-252Fcourses.aspx-253Fcourse-253DC-2DXENO-2526year-253D18-26data-3D01-257C01-257Ckaren.liu-2540kcl.ac.uk-257C4e1f96db16e44cfd54a208d551e40747-257C8370cf1416f34c16b83c724071654356-257C0-26sdata-3DdlDc829-252Fzf3tTAy-252BKzuuBehkXi5gGVELgADBDZuL1os-253D-26reserved-3D0&d=DwMFaQ&c=cjytLXgP8ixuoHflwc-poQ&r=LA_1WRYwu9TpwOjhkdSG-AujoUacW8JYAUaWHgVP3Bg&m=SUseUAjeroKJ_TebWbybNGMQ-wiA98v-Ghtf-n6SlLU&s=kCEabIBXhR8ViCuR7hP_MUPeBEgrVn5-EQPA1N58PH8&e=>

Thanks,
Mustafa Khokha, Yale University
Karen Liu, King’s College, London

Course objectives:
microinjection, microdissection, and grafts - Organizer, animal cap, neural crest and more
in situ hybridization
immunohistochemistry
CRISPR and MO loss of function.
Germ cell transplants to raise CRISPR lines
Homologous recombination in Xenopus with CRISPR
live Imaging and fluorescence - movies, photography and figure design
transgenesis
Proteomics approaches
Regeneration