[Xenopus] GSA Board Membership

John Wallingford wallingford at austin.utexas.edu
Tue May 1 14:47:25 EDT 2018

Dear Colleagues,

As you may know, the Xenopus community is now represented by the Genetics Society of America, as they have organized the 2014 and upcoming 2018 Xenopus meetings.

The International Xenopus Board would therefore like to nominate a Xenopus researcher for the GSA Board of Directors in the upcoming election.

Details of the election are provided below, and we’d like to hear from anyone interested in representing our interests in this way.

Thanks, John Wallingford

====================================

Nominations are now open for the election of new members of the Genetics Society of America (GSA) Board of Directors<http://www.genetics-gsa.org/cgi-bin/rdg.pl?u=101&e=3350&uid=C5825EE66E061014B519F57C43075F8B>. The Board represents GSA's members and sets the direction for the Society and its activities. This is an excellent opportunity for those with a big picture perspective to participate in national and international discussions on genetics, scientific research, and the research community. Now more than ever, scientific societies like GSA serve to galvanize our communities and to represent your interests and concerns. We hope you’ll want to take part.

All 2018 GSA members are invited to submit nominations for the following vacancies on the GSA Board of Directors, for terms beginning January 1, 2019:

      •         Vice-President (1 vacancy): One year as Vice-President (2019); one year as President (2020); and one year as Immediate Past President (2021).
      •         Secretary (1 vacancy): Three year term, 2019-2021.
      •         Directors (4 vacancies): Three-year term, 2019–2021.

Submit Nomination <http://www.genetics-gsa.org/cgi-bin/rdgm.pl?u=102&e=3350&uid=C5825EE66E061014B519F57C43075F8B>

As you nominate yourself or your colleagues, please keep in mind that being an officer or a director of GSA is an important responsibility to the entire genetics community. We welcome recommendations of nominees with broad perspectives and experiences. Because the Board guides the activities of an independent non-profit organization, we especially welcome nominations of individuals who are both strategic and creative thinkers, responsible business managers, and dedicated volunteers, and who provide new ideas and constructive feedback.

We also encourage nomination of members early in their careers and those from groups traditionally underrepresented in the sciences.

Deadline for nominations is May 30, 2018 at 11:59 PM US EDT.

John Wallingford
Professor, Molecular Biosciences
University of Texas at Austin
512-232-2784