[Xenopus] MBL Whitman Fellowship

National Xenopus Resource xenopus at mbl.edu
Thu Nov 8 15:15:49 EST 2018

Dear Xenopus Community
            The Marine Biological Laboratory (MBL) has Whitman Fellowships that provide housing and research space for visiting scientists. If you would like to do some research at the MBL and take advantage of the NXR and/or other resources here at the MBL I encourage you to apply. The applications are due December 15 and provide support for 4-10 weeks at the MBL. During this time you can take advantage of all NXR resources, including the various transgenic and mutant animals or even come to start a new research program. There has been success in the past from visiting researchers in obtaining funding to work in the NXR. If you would like to apply or have any questions please reach out to me. It is important to have a letter of support from the NXR for your application. In the past few years we have had several Xenopus researchers obtain support and they found the experience thrilling.
            The support offered provides housing for you and your family and gives you the opportunity to be at the MBL during its fantastic summer months. During this time you have the opportunity to interact with scientists from around the world and perhaps develop new research programs. Also families enjoy the time in the cottages where researchers stay and there are children’s programs available. I encourage you to apply

http://www.mbl.edu/research/whitman-fellowships/

Marko

If the NXR contributed to your work please cite us in your papers.
Cite us in Materials and Methods as National Xenopus Resource RRID:SCR_013731 at the Marine Biological Laboratory
Cite us in your references: Pearl, E. et al "Development of Xenopus resource centers: the National Xenopus Resource and the European Xenopus Resource Center" Genesis 50, 155-163

Marko Horb, Ph.D. |Director, National Xenopus Resource (NXR) |Senior Scientist, Bell Center for Regenerative Biology and Tissue Engineering
Marine Biological Laboratory | 7 MBL Street | Woods Hole, MA 02543
Email: mhorb at mbl.edu<mailto:mhorb at mbl.edu> | Office: 508-289-7627 | Lab: 508-289-7370 | Cell:  508-564-3764

http://www.mbl.edu/horb
http://www.mbl.edu/xenopus
https://twitter.com/xenopusnxr