[Xenopus] MISC

Grainger, Robert M (rmg9p) rmg9p at virginia.edu
Thu Oct 29 09:01:41 EDT 2020

Hi Anna, animal caps are a piece of cake compared to isolating endoderm. If you’re like my undergrads, though, and over proteinase K treat your fixed embryos, the ectoderm comes right off however!!  This may not be ideal for an intended isolation of endoderm, but a gentle protease (or better, collagenase) might work if carefully controlled.   Best, Rob