[Xenopus] Postdoc position

Yang, Jing yangj at illinois.edu
Mon Jan 11 09:52:57 EST 2021

A postdoc position is available in Dr. Jing Yang’s lab in the Department of Comparative Biosciences at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (https://vetmed.illinois.edu/yang-lab/publications/). The Yang lab investigates major developmental transitions using Xenopus and zebrafish. In particular, we are interested in cellular and molecular mechanisms responsible for the deep cytoplasmic remodeling during the oocyte-to-embryo transition. We study remodeling of cellular machineries and organelles during oocyte meiotic maturation and egg activation, how these remodeling events influence the localization/expression/function of maternal factors, and how maternal factors control early embryonic patterning and primordial germ cell development. Highly motivated individuals with a passion for developmental biology are encouraged to apply. Special consideration will be given to candidates with strong experience in cell/developmental/molecular biology. The position is available immediately. The start date is negotiable. To apply, please submit a cover letter with a summary of research experience, curriculum vitae, and a list of three references by email to Dr. Jing Yang: yangj at illinois.edu<mailto:yangj at illinois.edu>.