[Xenopus] Postdoc in Garcia-Marcos lab, Boston University

xenbase xenbase at cchmc.org
Mon May 16 16:15:37 EDT 2022

POSTDOC POSITION at Boston University— looking for a “FROG WIZARD”

Position overview: We have a project investigating how protein complexes signal to regulate polarity and the cytoskeleton in the context of multiciliated epithelial cells. Would you like to become our frog wizard? We need someone with experience in Xenopus and fluorescence microscopy (live-cell would be a plus), who would also be excited about expanding expertise by collaborating with an international group of people with diverse research interests. Our laboratory is collaborative, multidisciplinary, and highly committed to the career development of trainees. We are located at the heart of Boston, a scientifically and culturally vibrant location. The salary starts at $58,000/ year plus a sign-on bonus for relocation expenses.

Lab overview: Our laboratory investigates mechanisms of intercellular communication with the goal of elucidating the molecular basis of human diseases and developing novel therapeutic approaches. Our main interest is in heterotrimeric G proteins, which are molecular switches primarily activated by G protein-coupled receptors (GPCRs). In the recent years, we have pioneered the characterization of novel mechanisms of G protein regulation that deviate from the traditional views in the field, and that have important implications in cancer, embryonic development, and neurotransmission. We also have an interest in creating new technologies to interrogate and manipulate cellular communication, including optical biosensors, and opto/chemo-genetic tools. We cover a wide range of experimental disciplines and approaches, from biochemical and structural studies in vitro, to cell biology, to animal studies in mice or aquatic model organisms (Xenopus, zebrafish).Lab website: https://www.bumc.bu.edu/biochemistry/profiles/mikel-garcia-marcos/

Publications- Complete list: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/myncbi/1ZIXmzi80H8Q6/bibliography/public/

Would you like to join our laboratory? Please submit a cover letter explaining your interests and goals, a CV and names/contact for 3 reference letter to: Professor Mikel Garcia-Marcos, PhD.  mikel.garcia.marcos at gmail.com<mailto:mikel.garcia.marcos at gmail.com>