[Xenopus] Problems with HCG

Sater, Amy asater at Central.UH.EDU
Fri Oct 14 12:16:04 EDT 2022

hi Richard,
We used Sigma HCG for years and found it to be very reliable.  We switched to chorulon at the request of our Animal Care people (who later declined to provide the needed prescription).  We've been using Ovine Luteinizing Hormone - in our animals, this is more variable than Sigma's HCG.

best,
Amy
________________________________
From: xenopus-bounces at lists.mbl.edu <xenopus-bounces at lists.mbl.edu> on behalf of Richard Harland <harland at berkeley.edu>
Sent: Thursday, October 13, 2022 5:49 PM
To: xenopus at lists.mbl.edu <xenopus at lists.mbl.edu>
Subject: [Xenopus] Problems with HCG

Dear Xeno(pus)philes
We recently switched to using Sigma HCG, and have had very unreliable and late ovulations.  Is this a general issue with Sigma HCG?  Or might this be a bad batch?
Previously we used Chorulon, during an ordering problem, which fortunately has been overcome.
Richard Harland

[cid:B1643090-0479-45D1-91AD-D52EAF59E3F3]