[Classifieds] [classifieds] Cape Cod Military Museum Bulletin

MBL Classifieds classifieds at lists.mbl.edu
Tue Jul 26 09:31:25 EDT 2011

From: "Joseph Yukna" <joeyukna at gmail.com>

		August 2011
	Vol 1, Issue 1
		duckboat

Cape Cod Military Museu m Bulletin

	Greetings Fellow Americans,

Welcome to CCMM's inaugural newsletter. Here's a little history about us: The Cape Cod Military Museum was conceived in the late 1990's. Things were going great, Camp Edwards was an open base. We had two barracks and the surrounding land set up to be the home of CCMM. Disaster then struck. 9.11. The base became a secure facility. There was no point in having a museum the public could not have access to. Plans for the museum were put on hold. In the intervening years, the museum's collection continued to grow. Co-Founder, Jerry Ellis was able to secure the duckboat, and 3 acres of land on the canal for our future home. With the addition of a key ally, CCMM is once again moving forward becoming a reality. Won't you join us?

			In This Issue
HELP
TEMPORARY HOME
CALLING ALL HANDS

HELP

mudcrawl

We, much like the men in this photograph, could use some help. Since we are in the beginning stages, volunteers are needed to assist in getting the Museum off the ground. We need the following help:

Conservator - to aid in proper storage/preservation of artifacts.

Archivist - to list and organize our artifacts.

CPA - for guidance with tax and financial questions.

Attorney - for legal advice.

Marketing Director - for promotional guidance.

Historians - to help us research the Cape's Military events.

We need your help. Let us know what you would like to do. We need volunteers to help form our Board of Directors and Committees. They need to be able to meet during the day, during the week. This would be a great opportunity for anyone with an interest especially Retired Military and or history buffs. There are many opportunities to help from Greeters at the display to turning a wrench on the duckboat to stuffing envelopes.

TEMPORARY HOME

storefront

CCMM is looking for an available building to be the temporary home of the Museum while we raise funds to construct our own building. We would like the space to be donated or a creative lease agreement splitting admissions. The Museum would draw visitors and foot traffic to other vendors at a Retail Plaza. So even if the Museum is not generating great revenue for the landlord, his other tenants will have more business. A restaurant that serves lunch would definitely benefit from our presence. I have spoken to Tour Bus Operators and they would love to add the CCMM to their stops. We are talking thousands of visitors a season. Our existence could be the difference between success or closure for neighboring businesses.

CALLING ALL HANDS

radioman
Please forward this newsletter to people and organizations you think could aid our Museum. Our servicemen and women gave a lot for us....some gave all....we should be able to do a little to honor them.

We are not raising monies yet ....but it is never too early to think of Fund raising ideas! There is so much to be done. So many good things to be accomplished...from getting the DUWK boat truck up and running, to collecting stories from Cape Cod Vet's and residents. Please do what you can for this noble endeavor.

Joseph Yukna , Co-Founder
joeyukna at gmail.com
capecodmilitarymuseum.org
facebook/capemilitarymuseum
twitter/capemilitarymus
774-487-0325

	Join Our Mailing List!Quick Links

Bourne Historical Society

Coast Guard Heritage Museum

Forward email
This email was sent to dshepherd at mbl.edu by joeyukna at gmail.com |
Update Profile/Email Address | Instant removal with SafeUnsubscribe ™ | Privacy Policy .
Cape Cod Military Museum | 33 Pinkham Road | Sandwich | MA | 02563

--

Denise Shepherd

MBL -POM Assistant

7 MBL Street