[Xenopus] PI meeting update

National Xenopus Resource xenopus at mbl.edu
Tue Apr 7 13:04:16 EDT 2015

Dear Xenopus Community
The response to extending the PI meeting by one day was overwhelmingly positive. We will open registration sometime in May.

We would like to add some more detail about the format of the meeting. The first day and a half of the meeting (Tuesday morning to Wednesday lunch) will be devoted to discussions about topics that are directly relevant to the entire community. There will be selected talks, but we will also have panel discussions to all for more interactions. The topics to be covered include an update on genomes, discussions about genome editing, morpholino issues and husbandry. Regarding genome editing, we will discuss new technical advances that people have recently made using CRISPR/Cas and TALEN and an in depth discussion on the creation of 100-200 mutants here at the NXR over the next 5 years.

In the second half of the meeting (after lunch Wednesday) we will have selected research talks, mainly from younger PIs and senior postdocs. If you are a new PI or senior postdoc or know of individuals that fall into that category please have them contact us. We are hoping to attract as many people for these talks as possible.

The PI meeting is a bit more informal than a traditional meeting and allows for more interactions among all of us. This is done in the hopes of creating a better community so we can continue to grow and develop.

Don't forget that if you would like to be considered for a talk in any session at this PI meeting please submit your abstracts by email to xenopus at mbl.edu.

Sincerely,

Marko Horb
Brian Mitchell
Laura Anne Lowery

Marko Horb, Ph.D.
Director, National Xenopus Resource (NXR)
Marine Biological Laboratory
7 MBL Street
Woods Hole, MA 02543

Email: xenopus at mbl.edu