[Xenopus] CSHL Xenopus Course application due Jan 31 2020

Chang, Chenbei cchang at uab.edu
Fri Jan 17 15:11:54 EST 2020

Dear Colleagues,

Greetings and salutations to all.

We are asking for your assistance to promote the 2020 Xenopus Course at Cold Spring Harbor. The Xenopus course at CSH has a long tradition of training the next generation of Xenopus researchers in critical skills to exploit Xenopus for understanding cell and developmental biology. Stipends are available to offset tuition costs (see the website for details).

To get the most out of the course, we encourage students to bring their own projects. Students are encouraged to identify genes of interest, we will design sgRNAs for these genes, and then students can knock these genes out at the course and analyze any phenotypes using all of the tools available from advanced high-speed fluorescent confocal imaging to cut-and-paste embryology.

In addition, we have the good fortune of overlapping with the Quantitative Imaging (QI) course at CSH. We plan to build interactions between our groups to image Xenopus embryos using the latest imaging methods. This was a huge success last year and offers the possibility to try light-sheet, high-speed live confocal, and super-resolution imaging methods.

Important Dates:
Course - March 25-April 7, 2020
Application Due Date: January 31, 2020

We have an exciting list of speakers/instructors including:

Chenbei Chang, University of Alabama;
Lance Davidson, University of Pittsburgh;
Rebecca Heald, University of California at Berkeley;
Douglas Houston, University of Iowa;
Mustafa Khokha, Yale University;
Ray Keller, University of Virginia;
Roberto Mayor, University College London, UK;
Bryan Mitchell, Northwestern University;
Nanette Nascone-Yoder, North Carolina State University;
Andrea Wills, University of Washington;
Sarah Woolner, University of Manchester, UK;
Martin Wuhr, Princeton University

For more information and application submission, please visit the website<http://meetings.cshl.edu/courses.aspx?course=C-XENO&year=19>.

Thanks,
Chenbei Chang, University of Alabama
Lance Davidson, University of Pittsburgh

Course objectives:

Microinjection, microdissection, and grafts - Organizer, animal cap, neural crest and more. In situ hybridization, immunohistochemistry, CRISPR, and MO loss of function.
Germ cell isolation and transplants. Live cell and embryo Imaging and fluorescence - confocal microscopy, image analysis and figure design. Genomic and proteomic approaches to development, regeneration, and disease models.