[Xenopus] high-throughput devitellinizing?

Richard Harland harland at berkeley.edu
Sat Oct 31 13:29:50 EDT 2020

There are several protocols out there for helping remove the membrane.  Depending on what you have handy.
I use proteinase K,, 5 microliters of 10 mg/ml stock in a small petri dish.  Once the membrane starts to be visible and lift just a little, then of course it's all about rinsing and putting in competitor proteins (smashed embryos).  The membrane continues to lift for a while.  Overdigesting effects are obvious!

prot k
http://cshprotocols.cshlp.org.libproxy.berkeley.edu/content/2007/5/pdb.prot4732.long <http://cshprotocols.cshlp.org.libproxy.berkeley.edu/content/2007/5/pdb.prot4732.long>

trypsin
https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/epdf/10.1111/j.1440-169X.1972.00037.x <https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/epdf/10.1111/j.1440-169X.1972.00037.x>