[Xenopus] Reminder to sign up to attend Xenopus Immune System Gene Annotation Jamboree
xenbase at ucalgary.ca
Thu May 27 18:23:54 EDT 2021
Xenopus Immune System Gene Annotation Jamboree/Biohackathon
When: Monday July 19th, 2021.
Meeting format: In person at University of Rochester (Rochester, NY) and online (via Zoom)
Who should come: PIs, Postdocs, PhD and Graduate students working on vertebrate immune system, and/or who have experience in assessing gene models, synteny and evolutionary relationships of genes and gene families.
Goals of the Jamboree:
* Identify issues and bottlenecks faced by Xenopus Immunobiology researchers
* Assess synteny and orthology with human and other vertebrate genes
* Correctly name Xenopus genes
* Build gene support via gene pages on Xenbase (i.e., add new gene pages and add gene models to existing gene pages)
* GO-CAM annotations for Xenopus immune genes (data goes to the GO consortium and other databases)
* Participants will gain bioinformatic & gene annotation skills (plus an appreciation of the importance of high quality annotation!)
This will be the introduction to this area – we expect to work through several examples together and establish a step-by-step guide on how to assess problematic genes/gene families, and collectively produce recommendations to improve gene models, names and annotations
Interested participants should contact Jacques Robert Jacques_Robert at URMC.Rochester.edu<mailto:Jacques_Robert at URMC.Rochester.edu>
Or Christina @ Xenbase: xenbase at ucalgary.ca<mailto:xenbase at ucalgary.ca>
Let us know if you want to come up to Rochester as Jacques has a room booked for the day but we don’t have a budget to fund accommodation or meals - Sorry!
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Xenopus