[Xenopus] Give the NIH feedback about Xenbase and other resources/tools you use! Take the RFI survey! (NOT-OD-21-182)

koichiro at tulip.ocn.ne.jp koichiro at tulip.ocn.ne.jp
Tue Sep 21 23:29:15 EDT 2021

Dear Christina James-Zorn

Many thanks to your latest information about the activity of Xenopus Research community.  Seven years have already passed since I closed my laboratory in Utsunomiya campus of Teikyo University (the president is Dr. Yoshihito Okinaga), where Drs. John B. Gurdon, Marcel Mechali, and Eugenia del Pino kindly gave a lecture to our students while I was working there (actually after finishing my work of 12 years in the University of Tokyo in Tokyo, I moved to Utsunomiya and worked there for another 11 years).  So, only thing that I do now relatively frequently in Fukuoka in my born place is some educational activities addressed mainly to young local students in elementary school to high school, telling them about basic biology and in addition, various research activities that our Xenopus community have done so far.  This may be good for my health now at age 80, although in these days it is also difficult to do those things in person, because of Corona virus.  By the way. I have a very intimate friend in Xenopus community named Aaron Zorn.  I just wonder if you have anything common with him, because your family name is I found here James-Zorn.

Best wishes,

Koichiro Shiokawa, in Fukuoka, Japan