[Xenopus] CSHL Xenopus course

Chang, Chenbei cchang at uab.edu
Mon Jan 7 22:16:31 EST 2019

Dear Colleagues,

Greetings and salutations to all.

We are asking for your assistance to promote the 2019 Xenopus Course at Cold Spring Harbor. The Xenopus course at CSH has a long tradition of training the next generation of Xenopus researchers in critical skills to exploit Xenopus for understanding cell and developmental biology.

To get the most out of the course, we encourage students to bring their own projects. Students are encouraged to identify genes of interest, we will design sgRNAs for these genes, and then students can knock these genes out at the course and analyze any phenotypes using all of the tools available from advanced high-speed fluorescent confocal imaging to cut-and-paste embryology.

In addition, we have the good fortune of overlapping with the Quantitative Imaging (QI) course at CSH. We plan to build interactions between our groups to image Xenopus embryos using the latest imaging methods. This was a huge success last year and offers the possibility to try light-sheet, high-speed live confocal, and super-resolution imaging methods.

Important Dates:
Course - April 2-16, 2019
Early Due Date: Dec. 1, 2018 (already passed)
Application Due Date: January 31, 2019

We have an exciting list of speakers/instructors including:

Sang-Wook Cha, University of Central Missouri;
Chenbei Chang, University of Alabama;
Ken Cho, University of California at Irvine;
Frank Conlon, University of North Carolina;
Lance Davidson, University of Pittsburgh;
Rebecca Heald, University of California at Berkeley;
Mustafa Khokha, Yale University;
Karen Liu, King's College London, UK;
Nanette Nascone-Yoder, North Carolina State University;
Ray Keller, University of Virginia;
Darcy Kelley, Columbia University;
Roberto Mayor, University College London, UK;
Andrea Wills, University of Washington;
Sarah Woolner, University of Manchester, UK;

For more information and application submission, please visit the website<http://meetings.cshl.edu/courses.aspx?course=C-XENO&year=19>.

Thanks,
Lance Davidson, University of Pittsburgh
Chenbei Chang, University of Alabama

Course objectives:

Microinjection, microdissection, and grafts - Organizer, animal cap, neural crest and more. In situ hybridization, immunohistochemistry, CRISPR, and MO loss of function.
Germ cell transplants to raise CRISPR lines Homologous recombination in Xenopus with CRISPR. Live cell and embryo Imaging and fluorescence - confocal microscopy, image analysis and figure design. Genomic and proteomic approaches to development, regeneration, and disease models.